WORKSHOP A | 12:30pm – 4:45pm | Wednesday, 13 September 2017
Building an Innovation Framework in Law Firms
Neil Shewan – Managing Director, Adelphi Digital – view speaker profile
Session Overview: Change is the new norm. The way clients buy, use and view legal services is changing. Add to that the overlay of changes to the way legal teams work and engage internally and with clients. And finally, the impact of changing needs of clients as they face change in their businesses. To respond to this change, legal firms need to look at how they build and reward an innovative mindset.
This is an interactive workshop to explore and develop skills in leading innovation in your practice.
The session will benefit CEOs, Managing Partners, Operations Director/Managers, Change Managers and IT managers looking to transform their business.
The hands on workshop will cover the following:
- What is innovation: what is driving the need to change, and how do we build a framework to foster an innovative mindset.
- A service blueprint is a key tool in driving innovation in a service organisation. We explore service design, and run an exercise to learn the principles to take back to your organisation.
We look at tools to help you prioritise innovation, how to pitch new initiatives to the Board, and now to ensure you maintain momentum in driving change.
WORKSHOP B | 12:30pm – 4:45pm | Wednesday, 13 September 2017
Personal Productivity in the 21st Century Workplace
Dermot Crowley – Productivity Author, Speaker, Coach – view speaker profile
Session Overview: How we work and communicate has changed dramatically over the last few years as newer, faster, better technologies have been developed. But for all this technology, we are still struggling with the same old issues!
- How do we prioritise?
- How do we control the deluge of incoming work?
- How do we get it all done and have a life?
We do have some amazing technology at our fingertips to help deal with our modern productivity issues. But simply learning how to use tools like MS Outlook or Gmail does little to harness their potential. To be more productive a worker must first adopt effective workload and time management practices and then harness the technology to support those efforts. We need to learn to use this technology in a smarter way. Dermot Crowley is the best-selling author of Smart Work, and Director of Adapt Productivity. This highly practical and inspiring session will help participants to create a productivity system that will boost their productivity and leverage their technology.
The session will benefit CEOs, Managing Partners, Managers and Professionals who are struggling to stay on top of the deluge and make time for the important work in their role.
This highly practical workshop will cover the following key topics:
- How to set up a centralised action management system that will lead to more control over your time and priorities.
- Get on top of your inbox and email once and for all.
- Develop critical planning and prioritisation habits to ensure you are making time for what matters.
- Leverage your desktop and handheld technology to work smarter in the modern workplace.
Member Price (per workshop): $395 (including GST)
Non-Member Price (per workshop): $495 (including GST)