Call for Abstracts
The Program Committee of the Australasian Legal Practice Management Association (ALPMA) Summit 2018 invites you to submit an abstract for presentation in concurrent sessions.
The theme of the 2018 Summit “Shaping the future firm – it starts with you” must be addressed in all abstracts, encouraging attendees to be accountable in the success of their firm. No matter how big or small the firm, your content should be relevant to all those attending, empowering each individual. Accompanying the Summit theme, the abstract must also address one (or more) of ALPMA’s Legal Practice Management Learning & Development Framework Pillars.
- Become a Better Leader
- Create Sound Strategy
- Develop & Manage People
- Ensure Efficient Operations
- Grow Your Firm
- Improve Firm Profitability
Please be sure to review all of the information and instructions regarding abstract submission prior to completing the online form. Abstracts are to adhere to the template provided on the conference website and in the abstract submission portal.
Online abstract submission will close on Tuesday, 27 February 2018.
Please ensure you have downloaded and read the following documents prior to submitting an abstract.
Download the guidelines and template provided to ensure your WORD document is formatted correctly and follow the instructions carefully. Incorrectly submitted documents will be sent back to the author for reformatting and this may extend beyond the deadline for your submission.
No hardcopy, faxed or emailed submissions will be accepted.
Abstract Review Process
All abstracts submitted for presentation will be reviewed by the Program Committee, who reserve the right to accept or reject any submissions.
Upon acceptance, the ALPMA Summit Committee may modify the abstract title and description to fit our marketing style and format guidelines for the purpose of our brochures, website, and other promotions. You will have the opportunity to approve/edit if needed. Successful presenter(s) will receive complimentary registration to the 2018 ALPMA Summit, return economy airfares (if based interstate/overseas) and one night’s accommodation at ALPMA’s preferred accommodation provider. The committee will have final say on all submissions and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Please remember that submitting an abstract does NOT automatically register you as a conference delegate. Conference registration must be done separately.
- All communications about your abstract submission will be sent to the email address that you enter when submitting.
- We recommend that the email address belongs to the main author who will be in attendance at the Conference.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an abstract for presentation, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- All abstracts for presentations will be reviewed by the Program Committee, who reserve the right to accept or reject any submissions.
- At least one author of the accepted abstract is expected to attend and present at the Summit.
- Successful presenter(s) will receive complimentary registration to the ALPMA Summit 2018, return economy airfares (if based interstate/ overseas) and one night’s accommodation at ALPMA’s preferred accommodation provider.
- The committee will have final say on all submissions and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Successful presenter(s) agree to abide by ALPMA’s Standard Terms and Conditions for Speakers.
Abstract submissions open: Friday, 22 December 2017
Deadline for submission of abstracts: Tuesday, 27 February 2018
Authors advised of abstract acceptance: April 2018
Speaker registration deadline: Thursday, 31 May 2018
Submit an Abstract
To submit an abstract, please click on the Speakers’ Portal button below.